Care-A-Van - Mobile Health Services
The Bon Secours Care-A-Van is a free medical service that provides primary care to uninsured adults and children the Greater Richmond community. Click the link on the right to see where the care-a-van will be around town.
The Care-A-Van team is bilingual (Spanish/English) and composed of physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, patient care technicians, licensed practical nurses, drivers, registrars, trained medical interpreters, registered dieticians, licensed clinical social workers, and outreach workers. Community partners, including free clinics, local health agencies, and numerous faith-based community organizations, collaborate with us.
The Bon Secours Richmond Care-A-Van has been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home program.
What is the Care-A-Van?
- A free mobile health clinic
- Provides primary health care
- Treats patients who are uninsured
- We do not take Medicaid, Medicare, or Private Insurance
- A medical home. We are a dependable way to care for your body, mind and emotional well-being.
What services are available?
- We take care of your all-around well-being
- Treat chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, and stable heart problems
- Provide screenings, immunizations, and acute care for illness or minor injury
- Provide school/sport physicals
- We coordinate your health care across all settings including times when you might need to see a specialist or go to the hospital
- Health insurance enrollment assistance
What should I know before I visit?
- The clinic is "first come, first served" allowing for same day appointments
- There are a limited number of follow-up appointments for current patients.
- Come early. Van arrives at 8 a.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Bring all medication with you
- Bring your immunization record
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
What are the other costs?
- Services performed outside of the Care-A-Van
- Medication from the pharmacy
- Care-A-Van staff will assist with connecting you to financial assistance programs
What else should I know?
- Take an active part in making decisions about your health care. We'll support you and your family as you take steps to be your healthiest.
- Let us know when you see other health care providers or have any tests so that we can help coordinate your care.
- We have a dedicated team of medical providers on staff. To better coordinate your care, we will provide you with the option to select your preferred provider when available.
- More frequently asked questions.
Communication with your Medical Home
For questions related to the Care-A-Van schedule and locations, please call (804) 359-WELL (9355).
For all other questions, please call our main office at (804) 545-1920.
For urgent after-hours care, please go to the nearest hostpial or call 911.
**If you have a medical emergency at any time, please go to the nearest hospital or call 911**